Written about a long gone, wanna be boyfriend. Don’t miss him now… In fact, I am really glad it ended!
- Written By:
- Peggy A. Rowe-Miller
- ©March 19, 1995
- Paint me a picture
- Draw me a dream
- Show me what is inside of you,
- let me see.
- All the world is a stage, honey..
- You are on your mark..
- let me inside of you..
- let me be your friend.
- No strings attached to this.
- there is just the warmth from within.
- Let me look in the window…
- the window to your soul…
- Let me see the depths,
- that other people know.
- And if we become lovers..
- Let it be in every sense of the word.
- Show me what you are…
- and who,
- or we can’t get too far.
- I’ve been with a lot of men..
- and not one has fit like you…
- so let me see inside of you..
- I want to make sure we fit.
- Already the longing is with me…
- already my body stirs…
- show me, honey…
- show me what you are made of within.
**Note: This poem was once considered by a country musician for a song. I never heard what happened. So, I guess nothing did. But, what an honor! Peg